**Location:** Rochester, New York
**Job ID:** 2300036Z
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with expertise in environmental remediation to join our team. This role will be based in Rochester, New York, and will involve leading project teams through all phases of a project’s lifecycle, with a focus on delivering high-quality reports within budget and on schedule. The Senior Project Manager will also contribute to business development activities, interact with clients and environmental regulators, and provide technical leadership on projects.
– Manage tasks and projects in accordance with approved scopes of work, ensuring the delivery of quality reports within budget and on schedule.
– Lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and potential clients.
– Interface with clients and environmental regulators.
– Prepare contract documents, design drawings, specifications, and project permitting.
– Oversee construction contract administration and site inspection services.
– Adhere to Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
– Analyze technical issues and implement proactive solutions to address market, business, regulatory, and economic challenges.
– Plan and execute assignments and projects with a broad scope, coordinating challenging tasks.
– Provide supervision, training, technical direction, and mentoring to junior staff.
– Review the work of junior staff.
– Apply technical and business knowledge to develop effective and economical solutions for project issues.
– Execute specific technical tasks for medium to large projects.
– Conduct peer reviews of work by colleagues or junior practitioners.
**Your Capabilities and Credentials**
– Profound familiarity with environmental regulations and guidance, including NYSDEC Environmental and Brownfield guidelines, NYSDEC Technical Guidance for Site Investigation and Remediation (DER-10), and USEPA Superfund.
– Strong track record of collaboration and mentorship.
– Ability to serve as a technical lead, engage with clients, and interact with regulatory agencies in the execution of site investigation and remedial projects.
– Demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in addressing project challenges.
– Effective management and communication skills, with the ability to provide technical leadership and organize project teams.
– Participation in project teams, fostering creative and critical thought.
– Capacity to prepare successful proposals and manage project deliverables, budgets, and schedules to meet client requirements.
– Comprehensive understanding of engineering and geologic concepts, with the ability to convey ideas to others.
– Provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) for project documents.
– Strong presentation skills.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
– Must pass pre-employment physical, drug testing, and have a good driving record.
**Education and Experience**
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Geology/Hydrogeology, with a focus on Environmental Engineering and Remediation, Geology, or Environmental Sciences.
– Licensed NY Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist with 15 years of investigation/remediation experience.
– Experience in Environmental Compliance is a plus (e.g., NYS tank regulations, SPCC, air, RCRA, and/or wastewater).
– Experience with PFAS is a plus.
– Industrial Hygiene experience is a plus.
– 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification, with Annual Refreshers, is required.
– A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are required.
– Pre-employment physical is required.
– This role includes both office and field work. Office tasks involve preparing project proposals and reports, managing schedules and budgets using computer software, and collaborating with professionals.
– Field work varies based on project scope, location, and technical tasks and may involve standing for extended periods, walking on uneven surfaces, and exposure to inclement weather.
– The ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs on a repeated basis and safely climb a ladder on a repeated basis may be required.
This job description does not encompass all activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Additional duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed at any time with or without notice.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise, and we provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants.
– Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans
– Wellness program
– Health savings accounts
– Flexible spending accounts
– 401(k) plan
– Employee stock purchase program
– Life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
– Short-term/long-term disability plans
– Emergency travel benefits
– Tuition reimbursement
– Professional membership fee coverage
– Paid family leave
– Paid holidays
– Vacation accrual
– Paid sick leave (in accordance with state and local law)
**Primary Location:** Rochester, New York
**Other Locations:** Albany, New York, Amherst, New York
Join us to redefine your personal best and make an impact on the world around us. Your talent and expertise will be valued here.