Employment Type: Full-time plus Hybrid
Our company is seeking a highly experienced Investment Director to join our Investment team. This role will focus on a wide range of investment strategies, including private equity, venture capital, and impact investment strategies, to serve the needs of our diverse client base. As an integral part of our team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing investment solutions, contributing to portfolio construction, and maintaining strong relationships within the investment industry.
1. Lead the due diligence process for potential investments, including impact investment strategies, and oversee the entire investment process, including operational and legal assessments.
2. Conduct comprehensive research and due diligence on investment strategies, utilizing databases and industry relationships to generate new ideas.
3. Evaluate how investment managers incorporate ESG and DEI considerations into their processes and assess impact outputs and outcomes for thematic impact strategies.
4. Present formal investment recommendations to the Portfolio Management & Investment Committee (PMIC).
5. Foster and maintain strong relationships with third-party asset managers and industry contacts.
6. Stay informed about relevant asset class dynamics, contribute to asset allocation and portfolio construction, and assist with risk management efforts.
7. Contribute to the development of clear, data-driven decision-making processes within the private markets.
8. Continuously seek to improve the investment process and enhance portfolio construction and manager selection.
9. Generate and maintain updated capital market expectations for private markets.
10. Monitor the macroeconomic environment, asset class metrics, and trends for investment performance analysis.
11. Provide quarterly reviews of investment performance and attribution for your coverage universe.
12. Collaborate with team members to expand knowledge, contribute to investment decisions, and support team growth.
13. Participate in client meetings as required.
14. Create internal investment communications and client-friendly publications.
15. Attend PMIC meetings as needed to support specific discussions.
– Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in manager research and capital allocation with a strong industry network.
– Over 5 years of experience in selecting private equity managers, building successful private equity portfolios, and experience in impact investing.
– Extensive knowledge of U.S. and non-U.S. private equity strategies, including primary, secondary, and co-investment approaches.
– Excellent organizational, analytical, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills.
– Strong work ethic and ability to collaborate effectively within an organization.
– Demonstrated intellectual curiosity.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
– Experience with data analysis tools and databases such as Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg, Evnestment, Preqin, Burgiss, and Cobalt is a plus.
– Familiarity with programming languages, databases, and tools, with knowledge of Python as a plus.
– A higher degree (e.g., MBA) or participation in the CFA program is an advantage.
**Compensation and Benefits:**
– Competitive salary, based on experience and location, with eligibility for a year-end bonus.
– Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, flexible spending plans, 401(k), educational reimbursements, and more.