The Audit department is actively seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to join our collaborative team. This team welcomes candidates with prior audit experience in both internal and external practices, as well as information technology professionals and specialists in compliance and consulting. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, and a commitment to professional growth. As an Audit Specialist, you will become a valuable member of our community, contributing to the execution and development of our audit plan.
Key responsibilities encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
– Oversee the execution of risk-based audit plans by understanding organizational objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations.
– Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more key technology areas, including Network, Databases, Cloud, Application Programming Interface (APIs), Middleware, DevOps, and emerging technologies.
– Conduct in-depth audits of IT Governance, Technology Architecture, Information Security, and core IT processes.
– Maintain a high level of objectivity while auditing key business systems, financial reporting systems, automated controls, and infrastructure.
– Assume the role of a team leader when assignments involve multiple members of the IA team.
– Assist in annual testing of Sarbanes-Oxley IT key controls.
– Document audit results and special projects in quality work papers, memos, and reports.
– Provide feedback to management on IT risk, risk monitoring, internal control structure, and operating processes.
– Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements and participating in control walkthroughs.
– Perform data analytics to analyze and summarize key data and trends.
– Evaluate the bank’s compliance with key privacy practices, such as GLBA and Mass Privacy laws.
– Stay updated on industry best practices and regulatory changes through educational opportunities (e.g., conferences, higher educational programs, webinars, networking events, etc.).
– Build and maintain relationships with the Audit team and Management.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Working knowledge of IT General Controls, infrastructure components (e.g., Network infrastructure, Databases, Servers, Middleware, APIs, etc.), and IT risks.
– Knowledge of IT regulations relevant to the banking industry or the ability to learn and research them.
– Effective time management skills, with the ability to multitask between Dedicated IT Audits, Integrated IT Audits, and Special IT Audit Projects while meeting deadlines.
– Extensive experience providing management with observations and recommendations to improve business processes, increase operating efficiencies, and reduce operational, technology, and financial risks.
– A bachelor’s degree in business technology, information systems, computer science, or equivalent.
– Three to five years of IT Audit or industry experience.
– Holds or is willing to obtain a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) professional designation. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is desirable.
– Strong work ethic and self-motivation to continue professional development.
*Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position. Additional duties may be assigned as needed to meet evolving organizational needs.*